Jobs for International Students in UK

Building a safe and for the ages

Jobs for International Students in UK

Job Market for International Students in the UK

The job market of UK is competitive adhering to the global standards. Major industries with jobs for international students in UK are-Agriculture, Production, and Services.

Major services include metals, chemicals, aerospace, shipbuilding, textiles and clothing, motor vehicles, food processing and electronic and communications equipment.

Popular graduate jobs in the UK are in the following fields:

  • Consulting
  • Oil and Energy
  • Law
  • Retail
  • Armed Forces
  • Investment Banking
  • Accounting and professional services
  • Armed Forces

Work in the UK for Foreigners

The UK is a safe place to work in and has a low crime rate. Jobs for International students are plenty after graduating. However, they have to apply for Tier 2 visa which will allow them to stay for up to 5 years.

Remember to take up a job where the employer has a license to sponsor employee’s application to stay in the UK for work.

The permissible hours of work in the UK for foreigners are pre-determined.

  • The working hours are mentioned on visa sticker or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
  • The time limit depends on the most recent immigration application.
  • If the employer is not from the UK, then the number of hours an employee can work for is 10-20 hours per week.

Post Study Work Visas for International Graduate Students in the UK

Getting a work visa in the UK after graduation depends on your nationality, the level course studied in the UK, and if your studies are completed or not.

Main work visa options for non-EU students in the UK-

  • Tier-2 (General) Visa options (for full time and part time work)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker-Government Authorized Exchange) visa (for work experience or professional training)- It allows students to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months depending on the scheme applied for.
  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa (for MBA and other UK graduates who have been identified by Higher Education Institutes in the UK after graduation to establish at least one business in the UK).

Applying for a National Insurance Number

International students need a National Insurance Number to work the UK. You can apply for National Insurance Number if you have the right to work in UK and are looking for your own business opportunities. Paying National Insurance makes you entitled to a few state benefits including the State Pension and the NHS (healthcare)

Post-graduation in the UK

To opt for Master programs in the UK, you have to extend your Tier 4 student visa 6 months before entering the new course.

Students who want fewer years of study may opt for intensive academic programmes. Some degree programs of less than a year are:

  • Masters in Computer Science
  • Masters in International Relations
  • Masters in Psychology
  • Masters in Business Administration
  • Masters in Journalism

Ph.D. in the UK

Full-time Ph.D. lasts for three or four years while part-time Ph.D. duration is six or seven months. Students can enroll themselves in September or October for PhDs. Master’s degree may or may not be required in the UK depending upon the program chosen.

For admissions to PhD degree in most of the universities in the UK, you can apply directly to universities through UCAS anytime throughout the year.

Moving back to home country after graduation

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme

International students moving back to their home country after graduation are eligible. It allows them to work for up to 2 years in the UK.

Students must be 18-30 years old and must be from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, Republic of Korea or Taiwan. They must have 2,479 USD to apply.

Career Counseling

Understand your inclinations and aspirations


Guidance for Scholarships & Financial aid

Visa Assistance

we have a success rate of closer to 100%


Have Plans To Study In UK?

Study Abroad – Get Your Education in UK. Our Consultants can help you get started on your UK study adventure.

Study in UK

The United Kingdom is one of the greatest countries in the world, playing a major and a central role in global politics and economy. Today many people of different nations live in the UK, the culture is more diverse and richer.

Why UK?

The United Kingdom is the second most popular destination worldwide for international students.

Universities and Courses

To study in UK, an international student has to be 18 or older (usually) for higher education.

Test to study in UK

International students who wish to study in the UK have to prove their English language proficiency. To prove their English speaking and understanding skills, students from non-English speaking countries have to appear for tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, etc.

Student VISA

All the international students from outside UK or EU in the UK are required to apply for a study in UK visa.


The international students are provided with financial support for international students in the UK as most of them are not able to support themselves.

Need expert advice? The most qualified professionals at your service!
As abroad education consultant, Educareer has garnered the trust of more than a thousand clients. We always try to provide better admission guidance and our team of student visa consultants work day and night to produce results. As the most trusted abroad consultancy in Kochi, Kerala we successfully maintain to meet the expectations of our clients.