Australia has a wide range of options in terms of education as well as institutions. There are mainly 4 types of education providers- Universities, TAFE institutes, ELICOS Providers and Private colleges. International students can opt for the desired program from a pool of choices available.
- Total Institutions: 1,100
- Number of Universities: 43
- Private college: 1
- Total Courses: 22,000
How to Choose Universities in Australia?
Choosing the right university can be a daunting task especially in Australia. While all the universities in Australia work under provisions and guidelines as laid by AQF, it is relatively hard to choose one out of all the available options. However, international students must keep the following factors in mind while selecting the right university for themselves:
- Academic Excellence: The foremost requirement for any student is the quality of education and academic ranking of the university. Check rankings, publications and overall reputation of the institution.
- Costs: Lower the cost, better the sail
- Scholarships: Take advantage of high academic grades and athletic abilities, Australia values both enormously.
- Location: While making the selection, keep the location in mind. Overall cost of living depends from city to city, Melbourne and Sydney are among the costliest ones.
- Further Research and Opportunities: Long-term vision does help a lot, dot on university that can provide you with good research and job opportunities post-degree completion.
- International Student Support: From orientation to the convocation, an international student support executive can help pave a path for glorious future.
What to Study in Australia to Get PR?
Following courses can be opted for strong PR prospects:
- Social work
- Nursing and medical courses
- Education and teaching
- Cookery, patisserie and hospitality
- Computer and information technology (IT)
- Building and construction
What to Study in Australia to Get a Job?
Some of the top courses to study and get a job in Australia are:
- Actuarial science
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biomedical engineering
- Core engineering
- Earth sciences and related
- Computer sciences and information technology
- Tourism and hospitality management