An international student must obtain Student Visa Australia to study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months. Before applying for the visa, English proficiency test scores, confirmation of enrolment from Australian university and proof of funds must be obtained.
Applications for Australian student visa are submitted online through Immi Account. Visa application is completed against the payment of basic fee of $413. The overall student visa acceptance rate is 90%-95% for all the levels of study.
Australian Student Visa Requirements- Documents, Checklist
To study in Australia, student must be enrolled at a CRICOS registered Australian University.
Australian Student Visa Documents include:
- Passport/ Birth Certificate
- CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment)/ Offer Letter
- OSHC (Overseas Health Cover)/ Insurance
- Evidence of Financial Capacity for 12 months stay and return airfare (Minimum $20,000 excluding Tuition costs)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Proof
- English Language Test Scores
|TOEFL (Internet-based test)||46|
Extending Student Visa Australia
To extend student visa in Australia immediately, students must apply within the same category as applied before. In some cases, students can apply for Bridging Visa (subclass
050-051) to become a lawful entrant into the country.
Visa extension can be done in the following categories:
- Visitor visa (subclass 600): if visiting friends and family after completion of studies
- Student Visa (subclass 500), Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590), Special Category Visa (subclass 444): To study further
To apply for Student Visa Extension in Australia use ImmiAccount and choose visa extension option from any of the available options.