Australia is among the top 3 countries preferred by students to study abroad. Though the number of universities is limited to 43, however, the island has been attracting more than 500,000 students from over 160 countries.
The growing popularity is not limited to the scenic pleasures or adventures but for the high standards of education that are maintained across the country under supervision of AQF. Australian Qualification Framework is recognized globally for its efforts to ensure that quality education is imparted to students at all levels. Resultantly, 8 universities in Australia are listed among the top as per QS World University Rankings.
If compared to the UK and USA, visa policy is relaxed for international students. Also, jobs in Australia are plenty post-graduation. Some other important reasons to study in Australia are:
Easy Policy for Student Visa in Australia
The process to obtain Student Visa Australia is quite easy and hassle-free as compared to other countries. To study in Australia, foreign students can apply for Student Visa subclass 500. However, some other visa options are:
- Visitor Visa (subclass 600, 601, 651): Maximum 3 months of study
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 and 462): Maximum 4 months of study
- Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590): For guardian with international student in Australia and 3 months’ study or ELICOS course for 20 hours per week for duration of visa
The student visa acceptance rate is 85%- 95%, so any prospective student with good grades and necessary documents can expect visa grant mail. But to obtain visa under any of the above-mentioned categories, provide the following documents and apply for visa at homeaffairs.gov.au by paying $415 basic fee.
- Passport/ Birth Certificate
- CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment)/ Offer Letter
- OSHC (Overseas Health Cover)
- Evidence of Financial Capacity for 12 months stay (Minimum $20,000 excluding Tuition costs)
- English Language Test Scores of IELTS (5.5), TOEFL Ibt (46), CAE: Advanced (162), PTE (42), OET (B)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Proof
Research in Australia- Post Doctoral Opportunities
Australia is a hub of research and technology. Australian Universities offer great research work in the field of arts and humanities, education and sciences. Some of the crucial inventions and research from Australia include discovery of penicillin, IVF, wi-fi, etc. University of New South Wales’ Michael Crouch Innovation Centre receives the highest research funding from the Government of Australia as it aces the list for innovation centres across the 8 states.