How to apply for a visa?
Type of student visas
The New Zealand Government works hard to ensure quality education and safe environment for all international students. There are also several different types of visas vary depending on student’s needs and education criteria. And there are also certain New Zealand student visa requirements one should meet inorder to obtain the visa.
There are typically 4 types of students visas available in New Zealand for Indian students. The New Zealand student visa conditions differ for each of them.
Fee Paying Student Visa : This visa allows overseas students to apply for a full-time study in New Zealand. It is compulsory to affiliate and enrol with an accredited education provider along with full payment of tuition fees. This is the most commonly preferred and required type of Student visa among Indian students.
This visa allows you to stay in the country for up to 4 years and also allows you to work part time for 20 hours per week and full-time during the holidays.
Foreign Government Supported Student Visa : This visa also allows students to stay and study in New Zealand for up to 4 years. If you are granted a foreign government student loan or scholarship, you will be able to study in New Zealand under this type of visa. It is necessary to provide evidence of loan payment or scholarship to avail this type of visa.
It is also important to note that this type of visa is only provided if the country backing you and supporting your education dreams has an agreement with the New Zealand government.
Exchange Student Visa : If you’re studying outside of New Zealand and planning to study in the country, you have to first get accepted into an approved student exchange program. You can study full time up to 4 years depending on the length of your exchange without paying additional tuition fee in Newzealand.
Pathway Student Visa : With a Pathway Student Visa, Students can study up to five years for 3 consecutive courses on just a single student visa. Like all the above mentioned student visas, this one too allows students to work part-time up to 20 hours a week.
Documents required for New Zealand student visa
There are certain New Zealand student visa document checklist and acceptable qualification required for applying to universities. Also it is important to provide certain other financial documents required for student visa to New Zealand.
The document checklist for New Zealand student visa from India are;
- All educational documents such as passing certificate and mark sheet of your 10th, 12th, Bachelor Degree etc.
- Provisional Certificate/Graduation Degree
- Supportive documents:
- Appointment letter/work experience letters
- Proof of work experience for certain courses like MBA
- Police Clearance Certificate (If you are 17 or above and want to study for more than 2 years, it is mandatory to provide police certificate as evidence to prove your good character)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas certificates if relevant
- GMAT/GRE results
- Proof of English language proficiency, like IELTS/ PTE Academic scores with minimum 5.5-6.0 IELTS band required for New Zealand student visa and and minimum of 43-50 PTE score required for New Zealand student visa respectively.
- Letter of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose for student visa in new zealand
- Cover letter for student visa application New Zealand (A lot of sample cover letter for New Zealand student visa application are available on the internet or our Educareer consultants can lend a helping hand there.)
- Fee receipt
- A valid passport
- An offer letter
- Proof of sufficient funds or evidence of funds for student visa in New Zealand which includes money for tuition fee.
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Students must show that they have sufficient amount of money for living expenses in the country
- Medical requirements for New Zealand student visa including complete report of medical check up for new zealand student visa and chest x ray certificate for courses lasting for more than a year.
- Photo requirements which includes passport photos in acceptable New Zealand student visa photo size.
- A guarantee of accommodation – A written assurance
- Other certificates for extracurricular activities
Just like any other requirements mentioned above, the New Zealand student visa IELTS requirements are just as important or of even greater importance than any other on the list. The minimum IELTS band score for New Zealand student visa is 5.5, which can only get you to diploma courses.
Only a few number of colleges accept 5.5 score for undergraduate courses. A minimum 6.0 score comes as the standard New Zealand student visa IELTS band requirement for undergraduate courses. And the minimum IELTS score for New Zealand student visa for postgraduate courses and PHD courses is 6.5.
There are certain exemptions available to study in New Zealand without IELTS student visa requirements.
- For students who have studied Grade 8 to 12in an English-medium school have a chance to be exempted from taking IELTS exams.
- Primary education which is from Grade I to V in an English medium establishment could also provide a chance.
- Three years of English-medium education in higher secondary is another option for exempting IELTS requirement from New Zealand student visa.
- As per the guidelines set by NZQA, English proficiency of Indian students would be evaluated through the respective examinations set by the Institutions which provide these exemptions.
How to apply for New Zealand student visa from india?
Before you start your application procedure, you need to learn how to apply for a student visa in New Zealand, work out the cost of living and New Zealand student visa fees from India. You also need to check the document checklist and approved banks in India for New Zealand student visa .
First of all, the applications for New Zealand student visa process can be submitted at the New Zealand VAC(visa application centre) in India, between 09:00 – 15:00 on Monday to Friday. This can either be done by individual applicants or their representatives.
The New Zealand online student visa application usually takes 20 days to process, while the processing time for New Zealand student visa in India via the paper form takes 25 days.
Educareer consultants give guidance to New Zealand student visa process step by step for relieving the students from the burden of unnecessary confusion and errors in visa application.
- The first step is completing the visa application form and the New Zealand immigration student visa checklist or document checklist.
- Second step is producing supporting documents along with photocopies of all pages of their current and old(if any) passports.
- The third step comes with the payment of visa fees. The new zealand student visa rules clearly allows visa fee to be paid together or separately as per applicant’s wish. New Zealand VAC will accept all the payment regarding the New Zealand student visa fees in Indian Rupees.
- All payments must be done, application should be lodged and New Zealand student visa checklist must be met. After the completion of New Zealand immigration student visa processing time, passports will be issued to pick up.
Before the New Zealand student visa checklist is completed, students must take a look into the question, ‘how much funds required for New Zealand student visa?’ It is also important to produce financial documents proving your capability for supporting yourself and your education in New Zealand along with scholarship documents for financial assistance and education loan documents if any.
Currently the student visa or spouse visa for New zealand with student visa can be filed through Paper Application or online student visa application for New Zealand. New Zealand student visa fees vary depending on the kind of submission.
The cost of New Zealand student visa which varies from online and paper application, which ranges approximately NZD 270 (approx. INR 13,000) and INR 14,300 for paper application. The New Zealand student visa processing time after approval also depends upon the medium of New Zealand visa application.
So, how to check New Zealand student visa status?
Process of Visa Application to Acceptance
First of all, Educareer is a student centric consulting institution and what we do is relieving students from the tensions and confusions of foreign education. The processing time and application for new zealand student visa changes with the type of visa.
Students don’t have to constantly spend their energy checking the New Zealand student visa status or other related odd tasks. You just have to get in touch with our education consultants to find out the New Zealand student visa application status.
The New Zealand student visa time period for application process depends on the type of visa you apply for, your circumstances of visit in the country and the information you provided in your application.
Most of the New Zealand student visa applications are processed within 3 to 4 weeks, but as per the latest New Zealand student visa rules of 2019 and updates, it may take even longer in some situations. For further New Zealand student visa news and informations keep in touch with Educareer consultants. There are no age limit for student visa in New Zealand.
Typically, February and July are the two periods for New Zealand student visa intakes. Still, many private Institutes and institute of technology generally have February, May, July, September and November intakes for several courses.
New Zealand student visa guide
Educareer provides complete guidance and assistance regarding the visa application. Educareer consultants will provide students with a complete estimate of how much funds needed for New Zealand student visa. It is important to follow New Zealand immigration rules for student visa and New Zealand student visa medical requirements.
Our consultants give special coaching to attend Interview questions of New Zealand student visa. New Zealand student visa interview questions are usually quite simple and basic IELTS lessons or consultations from Educareer could help you to qualify. Next is New Zealand student visa processing time after interview which won’t take more than a couple of weeks time.
It has been already mentioned above, how to get a student visa for New Zealand from India. The New Zealand government also implements laws and policies for benefitting the foreign student population in the country. After your education, you could apply for New Zealand student visa extension for 6 months in the country to find a job. You can apply for a New Zealand student visa stay back for up to 3 years after you finish your studies and acquire a job.