Government Funded Scholarships
Government of Ireland Scholarships
60 scholarships are awarded by the Government of Ireland to the students with high caliber for a period of 1 year.
- Benefits: $12,000 of funds awarded on yearly basis to each awardee, Trinity College Dublin provides full tuition fee waiver.
- Application Deadline: March 23
- Apply at: www.hea.ie
Irish Aid Funded Fellowship Training Programme
This fellowship training program is offered to Tanzanian students willing to pursue Masters degree in Irish Universities.
- Benefits: Covers course fees, required flights, accommodation (for out of the country study), monthly allowances, insurance and other incidental expenses
- Eligibility: IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, Letter of Recommendation
- Application Deadline: January
- Apply at: www.irishaidfellowships.ie
Central Bank of Ireland Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
A scholarship program has been introduced by Central Bank of Ireland for students undertaking a fully funded part-time honours degree.
- Benefits: $29,550 annual salary, 24 days’ annual leave, educational assistance and paid leave, etc.
- Application Deadline: August 12
- Apply at: www.centralbank.ie
Scholarships for Ontario College Graduates
Ontario College students can complete honours degree programs in Ireland. Graduates of two-year college programs in Ontario securing an honours degree can pursue two further years of study in Ireland.
- Benefits: Tuition fee reduced by 15%, up to $7,600
- Application Deadline: May 31
- Apply at: www.thea.ie
The Walsh Fellowships
The Walsh Fellowships are awarded to international graduates seeking research opportunities in agricultural and food research in Ireland. 30 students are awarded this fellowship.
- Benefits: $25, 232 grant each year
- Application Deadline: September
- Apply at: www.teagasc.ie
NUI Galway International Students Scholarships
Non- EU meritorious students can get this scholarship if enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs.
- Benefits: Scheme specific awards amounting from $2,200- $5,700 for UG and PG students. In some schemes, tuition fee is waived, while for research candidates, an allowance of $18,300 is awarded yearly.
- Application Deadline: Varies as per the scheme
- Apply at: www.nuigalway.ie
For applicants from Non EEA/ EU Countries pursuing full-time Masters’ program, Centenary scholarship program is open. Scholarship is available for students enrolled in Dublin Institute of Technology.
- Benefits: One half of the tuition fee will be waived
- Application Deadline: 18 May
- Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maynooth University Scholarships
A wide range of scholarships are available for upcoming undergraduate and postgraduate students. The types of scholarships available are- Sport Scholarship, Entrance Scholarship, Michael Osborne Scholarship, Music Scholarship, Intel Women in Technology Scholarship, etc.
- Benefits: Awards amounting to $1,200- $3,440 per year under different schemes
- Application Deadline: Varies as per the type of scholarship
- Apply at: www.maynoothuniversity.ie
University College Cork Excellence Scholarships (PhD)
Excellence Scholarships are available to intended PhD degree pursuers for both, EU and Non-EU students.
- Benefits: Funding covers EU fee only, for Non-EU students, balance has to be paid.
- Application Deadline: April 20
- Apply at: www.ucc.ie
Trinity College Dublin Scholarships
Scholarships of varying types for global students or students from specific countries are awarded at Trinity College Dublin. The amount, dates and scholarship conditions differ for each scheme.
- Benefits: scholarship value ranges from $5,700- $11,400 depending on the type
- Application Deadline: Varies
- Apply at:www.tcd.ie
How to Apply for Scholarships in Ireland?
Before filling the online application for scholarships in Ireland, students must not miss out on the following points:
- Fill in exact details that an application reviewer might want to see and assess
- Make a competent CV
- Letter of recommendation from your home university can be very helpful
- Effectively write a letter to a professor requesting a PhD or Post Doctoral position in his or her lab
- Convey clear thoughts to avoid unforeseen misunderstandings
- Mention a clear reason on why you need a scholarship and why you should be nominated
- Letter of motivation must include information about the benefits you tend to bring to the host university
- Submit your application well before the deadline
What After Being Granted Scholarship in Ireland?
After being nominated for a scholarship, an international student must perform the following tasks:
- Write a formal letter to the scholarship coordinator for accepting or declining the scholarship offer
- After accepting the offer, ask for proof of the scholarship to apply for student visa
Have an estimate of costs for the following year, accordingly plan the expenditures within the scholarship budget